· 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted, plus softened butter for muffin pan
· 1 cup flour
· 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
· 2 extra-large eggs, at room temperature
· 1 cups milk, at room temperature
· Muffin Pan (1 twelve cup or 2 six cup)
1) Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
2) Whisk together the flour, salt, eggs, milk, and melted butter until smooth. The batter will be thin.
3) Add a small dab of butter to the bottom of each muffin pan cup.
4) Place the muffin pan in the oven for 2 minutes to preheat.
5) Remove tin from oven and immediately divide the popover mix between the 12 muffin pan cups and bake for exactly 25 minutes. Do not peek.
6) Remove popovers from oven. Serve warm.