- Renee, thank you for hosting book club. You always do a great job in hosting! - Delores
- Diane, Meg, Renee and Bonnie, it was so fun walking with you all for our first "I will show you mine, if you show me yours....Hosta !!! Next evening walk and tour to be scheduled within few weeks. -Delores
- A special thank you to Merrin for all the hard work time and effort that she puts into our newsletter -Kathy Nevils
- Mary Kay, Congratulations on your Presidential Pin. Well deserved. Glad you finally got it! Rita
- Dottie, Congratulations on your Presidential Pin. So glad you joined us and got involved! Rita
- Jaclyn, Congratulations on your LPM of the Year recognition for Wishes & More. Mom
- Wicked Wort ladies, so glad we could finally go back there and socialize. Hope we can do it again soon with more members. Rita
- NHWT Members, wishing happiness, health, and sanity to everyone. Rita
- Home Free, thank you to all who donated items for the shelter. Some items are from our Kody’s Closet collection, as they couldn’t accepted them, so now we have a place that can use them. I will have a totals report at the meeting.
- 1 st Trimester Renewals, thank you to all the members who renewed for another year of Service, Growth and Fellowship. We look forward to seeing you all at projects and socials. Sorry to see Heather go, please remove her from your email lists. Rita
- Founder’s Day, thank you to members who joined us to celebrate Women of Today’s 70th Anniversary. Rita
- Tawn, Congratulations on graduating Ryan, through all that is going on this year. Rita
Jul 31, 2020
Jul 29, 2020
We will be using a website and app called Bookclubz which will allow us to have all things bookclub in one place. Meetings, books we are reading, books we have read and books you recommend. I think it will be a great resource and maybe cut down on emails! The bookclub is private and invitation only. You don't have to attend bookclub to join the club online. Contact Membership@NewHopeWT.org for more information. Our next book is Little Fires Everywhere by Celeste Ng. Our next meeting is scheduled for September 10th . Happy Reading. Lori
Jul 22, 2020
Celebrate Kids Week on Monday August 17th between 6 and 7. Enjoy yummy treat and pick up a couple wooden craft projects. This is kids’ week and it is important to teach children the importance of volunteering and doing good deeds at a young age. For more information email Membership@NewHopeWT.org.
Jul 15, 2020
By Diane W. Carr,
Although the majority of COVID is transmitted from person to person, it is also a good idea to wipe down kitchen and bathroom counters with a virus disinfectant. Anti-bacterial soaps or spray are not effective against viruses. Here are 3 easy and inexpensive ways to disinfect your counters (from Consumer Reports June 2020):
• Bleach: You can make an effective diluted bleach solution for virus disinfection of 1/3 cup bleach to 1 gallon of water OR 4 teaspoons of bleach to 1-quart water. Wear gloves while using bleach. Spray and later rinse the countertops to prevent discoloration. Solution degrades in a few days.
• Hydrogen Peroxide: pour undiluted solution into a spray bottle and use. Wipe down after one minute. It can stain clothes.
• Isopropyl Alcohol: Solutions that are at least 70% solutions are effective against the virus. Do not dilute. It can discolor plastics.
Jul 12, 2020
Regular exercise is a good antidote for depression and anxiety. Come spend some time outside with our upcoming Walk On Wednesday. Scheduled for July 29th, 11:30am, we will meet by the west side parking lot of Northwoods Park for our promenade. For more information, please contact membership@NewHopeWT.org.
Jul 8, 2020
1. What tourist location could you hang out at for a month, why? I could hang out in Cozumel; which is a quaint little island south of Cancun. I have been there almost a dozen times and have made many friends on the island. I've learned the ins and outs of the island from some of the locals. I have a friend who built a house in the middle of the jungle; she is lots of fun to hang out with; even with the tarantulas, scorpions and snakes in her pool on a daily basis. I find Cozumel to be a friendly, welcoming island with new adventures every day.
2. What is your favorite meal to cook? I have a chicken dish that I like to make...it involves, chicken, swiss cheese, cooking wine, croutons......if you want to know more, you will have to ask for the recipe! I can say that every time I have made it, it has been a hit!
Jul 2, 2020
We had a founders day picnic in a local park. Everyone brought their own meal and then the board provided cupcakes and cookies for dessert. We practice social distancing while we ate and visited, but did come together quickly for a picture of our activity before we enjoyed our dessert. - Rita J.
Jul 1, 2020
Good job ladies, for starting out our year with a bang! Keep buzzing up those wonderful and creative ideas. Things are moving slowly but surely in the right direction. I am excited to share with you an upcoming project with the New Hope, Crystal Police Department along with the Metro Fire Department. It will be a ‘thank you’ and recognition project. Your participation is needed; it would be involving our families, children, but grandchildren, and friends to make thank-you cards for all departments. We will deliver them and have a photo opportunity with the police department with some of our kids. Details later. Looking forward to seeing face to face. Until then, stay strong and safe!
Kathy N., NHWT President